I AM Workforce Solutions
I AM Workforce Solutions
Staff members' daily work exemplifies the principles of good customer service:
- I AM Workforce Solutions to my customer
- I use my customer's perspective to guide my work
- I understand the resources available throughout our system
- I can always help my customer even when I have to say "no"
- I learn from my mistakes and gain a better understanding of how to help my customer
Catch the Vision
Through a series of short video messages, Mike Temple, previous Director of the Gulf Coast Workforce Board, talks with us about each of the I AM Workforce Solutions principles of customer service. Turn up the volume, and enjoy!
While it's difficult to be an "expert" on what each piece of the Workforce Solutions system does, it is beneficial to both you and our customers that staff be knowledgeable about what we do!
As discussed in the third I AM Workforce Solutions principle of customer service, understanding the resources available throughout our system helps us deliver quality customer service to every individual in need of our assistance.
Did You Know, is a tool for you to review each piece of our system and work to unify our language with customers on all fronts.
At the heart of every decision made and every action taken by the Gulf Coast Workforce Board is the Board's Mission, Vision and Core Values.
Mission Statement - The Reason We Exist The Gulf Coast Workforce System helps employers solve their workforce problems and residents build careers, so both can better compete in the global economy.
Vision Statement - The Future We Aspire To
For The Gulf Coast Region:
- The Gulf Coast of Texas ranks among the top ten economic regions in the world.
- Employers have an adequate supply of well-educated and well-trained workers, which enables them to compete in the global economy.
- Residents have the knowledge, skills and aptitudes to work and earn incomes that make them self-sufficient.
- The region is among the most attractive places in the country to live and work.
For the Workforce System:
- A single, integrated workforce system offers solutions for employers' workforce problems and helps people build careers. Employers access the system and use its services without leaving their place of business.
For the Gulf Coast Workforce Board:
- The Gulf Coast Workforce Board sets the regional workforce agenda. It is widely recognized for its excellence as a leader and governing board and for its commitment to making a difference.
Core Values - Our Strongly Held Beliefs
Code of Conduct (PDF)
In 2007 the Board staff published a code of conduct and set basic standards for several areas of professional behavior. The code does not supersede or replace existing contractual requirements regarding conflicts of interest, confidentiality and access to customer information, data integrity, or prevention of fraud and abuse.
The Gulf Coast Workforce Board and its staff and Workforce Solutions contractors and their staff maintain the highest standards of integrity in conducting our business. We are committed to innovation, productivity, accountability and results in all that we do.
We recognize our responsibility as part of the public workforce system to ensure the integrity of public funds and to avoid favoritism and questionable or improper conduct.
We carry out all aspects of our business in an impartial manner, free from efforts to gain personal, financial or political benefit. We avoid situations that could give the appearance that any decision is influenced by prejudice, bias, special interest or desire for personal gain.
We also strive to deliver the highest quality service to our customers, helping Houston-Galveston area employers solve their workforce problems and our area residents build careers so that both can compete in the global economy.
Click to see the Code of Conduct Issuance (17-07) (DOC)