- Career Exploration
- Industry and Occupation Profiles
- Targeted Industries
- High Skill, High Growth Occupations
- Financial Aid for Child Care
- 2-1-1 Texas/United Way HELPLINE
What We Do
Workforce Solutions helps employers meet their human resource needs and individuals build careers, so both can compete in the global economy.
Workforce Solutions offers financial aid to help individuals get the skills and credentials they need to get a job, keep a job or get a better job, to ensure the employers and job seekers in our region remain competitive.
How We Help
We offer financial aid to customers who need help to:
Obtain and complete education or training to go to work; and
Find or take a job or get a promotion.
Financial assistance may include child care assistance, scholarships for education or training or help with work support to start a job.
How You Qualify
Customers who receive financial assistance must be eligible for Workforce Solutions financial aid. You must:
- Meet eligibility requirements including authorization to work in the U.S., age, selective service registration, if applicable, and family income level.
- Complete our Financial Intake Form and provide documentation for proof of eligibility (see Common Documents list below).
Parents often need childcare to be able to work or go to school. If you need childcare assistance, you will need to submit proof of:
- Your residency in our 13-county region: Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Colorado, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Matagorda, Montgomery, Walker, Waller or Wharton;
- U.S. citizenship or legal immigrant status for each child on whose behalf you request our help with childcare expenses (birth certificate, alien registration card I-551, etc.);
- Documentation of school attendance status for school age children;
- Income for the last 13 weeks for all working household members, including name, address, and phone number of the employer, work hours/days, rate and schedule of pay;
- Proof of your current school hours and registration that includes documentation of your degree plan (if pursuing one) and your credit/clock hours, if you are going to school; and
- Name, address, phone number, city and zip code of the licensed or registered childcare provider in our network that you would like to use.
For more information on how you qualify for childcare assistance, visit https://www.wrksolutions.com/for-individuals/financial-aid/financial-aid-for-child-care.
Training & Education Scholarships
Workforce Solutions scholarships support training for some of the region's high-skill, high-growth occupations. If you're interested in one of these careers, we may be able to contribute to a financial aid package. You will need to submit proof of:
- U.S. citizenship or ability to work in the United States;
- Selective service registration for males born on or after January 1, 1960;
- Income for the last 26 weeks for all working household members, including name, address, and phone number of the employer, work hours/days, rate and schedule of pay;
- Household income received from other sources such as Child Support, SSI, etc.;
- Layoff (such as a letter from your employer) and/or unemployment insurance benefit documents;
- Your current school hours and registration that includes documentation of your degree plan (if pursuing one) and your credit/clock hours if you are going to school.
For more information about Workforce Solutions scholarships and other common financial aid sources, visit https://www.wrksolutions.com/for-individuals/training-and-education-scholarships.
Financial Assistance for Work Support
Workforce Solutions also provides financial assistance to help individuals who are starting a new job or need assistance to keep their job or get a better job. Examples of work support may include assistance such as required clothing, tools or licenses, and transportation to travel to work. If you've been hired, ask a Workforce Solutions counselor about financial assistance to help you start work right away!
To locate the nearest office, visit https://www.wrksolutions.com/find-a-location.